You hear it all the time “breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day”, but still many of us skip breakfast every day! Follow these 10 rules of breakfast to get healthy, strong and lean, with energy to burn!
- Eat breakfast every day! Your body has been without fuel for at least eight hours and needs something to get started, so as soon as you feel ready get in at least some healthy fluid to start (a healthy drink, fresh squeezed juice or a piece of fruit).
- Don’t trade convenience for health. Schedule some preparation time in your morning routine or do some prep work the night before.
- Start the day with the juice of half a lemon in warm water to wake up the body and get things moving.
- Get alkaline for a natural energy boost with a green drink for whole body NUTRITION.
- Eat only real food. Don’t bog your body down with junk.
- Have a little protein like eggs, Greek yogurt or a natural protein powder like proteins+ or Vegan proteins+ to keep you satisfied all morning long.
- Skip the sugary processed cereal and opt for slow-burning whole grains like quinoa, oats, buckwheat, or millet.The ideal breakfast is a combination of carbohydrates and protein, such as yogurt and cereal and fruit or eggs with whole grain toast. Let go of the muffins, bagels, and danishes, which only serve to make you more hungry a short while after you eat them.
- Add some healthy fat like coconut oil, nut butters, organic butter, nuts/seeds, full fat dairy or ghee to help balance blood sugar.
- Include lots of fruit or veggies to ensure your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.
- Embrace routine. The more you follow the rules the easier it gets to include a healthy breakfast every day!