Moroccan Lamb Rice with Almonds
Time taken to prepare: 55 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups rice
- 600g lamb, diced
- 4 Table spoon vegetable oil
- 4 table spoon ginger, crushed
- 4 table spoon garlic, crushed
- 4 table spoon coriander, ground
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 table spoon tomato paste
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups water
- 4 table spoon raisins
- 4 table almonds, toasted slivered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Rice as per pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add lamb and fry until lamb is browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, coriander, cinnamon and onions, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover and simmer on medium heat until lamb is soft (add more water if it boils dry).
- Add raisins and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and sprinkle with toasted almonds.