Recipes, Seafood, Vegetarian
Time taken to prepare dish: 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 persons
- 3 pounds of at least 3 different kinds of fish fillets it’s Seafood Frenzy @ Massy Stores Save on the following fish varieties:
- SWAI FILLET, CUISINE PINK SALMON FILLET, RAINFOREST MAHI MAHI FILLET, RAINFOREST TILAPIA, SEABEST COD FILLETS, SEABEST FLOUNDER FILLETS
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1-2 pounds of Oysters, clams, or mussels @ Massy Stores Save on Gourmet Seafood Mix 454G, Was: $29.99, Now: $25.29 Save $4.70
- 1 cup cooked shrimp @ Massy Stores Save on RAINFOREST 60-80 ECONO PK COOKED SHRIMP 680G, Was: $78.19, Now: $72.99 Save: $5.20
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions @ Massy Stores Save $5.00 on medium red Onions – Was: $18.99, Now: $13.99
- 4 Shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced@ Massy Stores Save $3.00 on Celery- Was: $12.99, Now: $9.99
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 whole cloves
- Zest of half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of fish broth
- 2 tbps lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white wine
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large saucepan. When it is hot, add onions and shallots.
- Sauté for a minute, then add crushed garlic (more or less to taste), and sweet red pepper. Add tomato and celery. Stir the vegetables into the oil with a wooden spoon until well coated. Then add another 1/4 cup of olive oil, thyme, cloves and the orange zest. Cook until the onion is soft and golden but not brown.
- Cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces. Add the pieces of fish and 2 cups of water to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add oysters, clams or mussels (though these may be omitted if desired) and shrimp (cut into pieces or left whole).
- Add saffron, salt and pepper. Add fish broth, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a simmer again and cook about 5 minutes longer.
- At serving time, taste and correct the seasoning of the broth, adding a little more salt or pepper if need be, and maybe a touch of lemon juice.
- Into each soup bowl, place a thick slice of bread, plain or slightly toasted. Spoon the bouillabaisse over the bread and Enjoy!!