Vegan Pumpkin Loaf
Vegan Pumpkin Loaf – Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1Tbsp pumpkin spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, cardimom, tonka bean)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (see below for details)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vegan buttermilk (almond or soy milk with 1tsp vinegar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Nuts or pumpkin seed for garnish (optional)
- Steam peeled and cut pumpkin in a pot with bay leaves and a little water.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, stirring intermittently
- Blend in a blender or with a hand blender to achieve a smooth puree.
- Grease a medium sized loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, oul, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla) into a large bowl and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices into the wet ingredients mixture. Stir/fold until a smooth batter is made.
- Add batter to the loaf pan and top with nuts or pumpkin seeds and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes and removed from the pan and serve.